Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I MISS KAMP!

So, I lied, I am posting again. I was just hangin' out with some friends and I was like "OH! I am going to go look at kamp pictures!" When your a Kanakuk addict, like myslef, that's not smart. I MISS KAMP!!
I just love spending three weeks of my summer in the wonderful, Branson/Lampe Missouri area.
To be honest, it makes my year. Ever since my first year at kamp, in 2001 I believe, I have wanted to live there! I would pray that my parents would work for camp so I could live there, because quite frankly, I though that every single person who worked there, lived there. I would tell my mom, I think like everyday, that I missed Reno and that I wanted her to adopt me. But, as the summers went on, I got so attached to the wonderful staff, and all the people supporting me, I just wanted to stay there more and more!! Finally, two summers ago, 2007, I was at k1, that was my last year at k1. I think that was the hardest I have EVER cried to get to (or in my case to HAVE to) leave somewhere! I started to think to myself about how my next summer was going to be soo different! Through the whole year, I didn't really know if I was going to go to k2. I mean, yea, I wanted to go to kamp, but I just would get so upset everytime I thought about NOT going to k1!!! I just loved k1 so much, and I just felt like I was going to be leaving something behind! I felt like I was leaving behind people that have helped me be the person I am today! It was so upsetting to NOT be spending my summer with the numerous k1 leadership girls, counclers, UC's, and O'Sages that I LOVED! Of course some of the staff came, worked and eventually stopped working after a couple summers. It was so upsetting to me! I would always wonder where they went and why they didn't come back! Over all, there are a lot of people who made my k1 experience what it was, including Jenifer Farley (Reno), Melissa Houston, Callie Dollof, the Coopers (even the kids), Amy Westervelt, Kelly Nall, Haley Weaver, The Fess twins, Laura Ringenburg, Amber Gray, Cate Davis, Abbie Walden, Molly Miller and Anna Hendry. I think that these people are just GREAT! They have really help mold me into the person I am today, not all of them have been there the whole time I was there, but some of them have, and the ones that havn't still have touched my life incredibly.

As the year went on, I decided to go to k2, and if I didn't?
I wouldn't be doing to hot right now.
This past year has been a really tough year for me, and if I didn't go to k2, I don't think I would have such supportive people in my life. I don't think that I would have the amazing Trish Helsel, or Ashley Robbins there for me every step of the way. I don't really know where Kanakuk finds these people but their AMAZING! I want to spend my whole year with all of them! It would be so great!!! This was my first year at k2, so I can't say to much about it, but what I can say is that I loved it and I love everyone there!

I LOVE AND MISS ALL OF YOU AT KAMP, AND EVEN JUST KAMP!!!
That's all for now

Jeremiah 29:11-

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Chlo


No comments:

Post a Comment